Grilled Chicken Skewers – KOL Foods BBQ Tour & Giveaway
It’s summer time and it’s definitely time to get outside and start grilling, which is why I have partnered with KOL Foods to bring you the ultimate BBQ tour. Today I am bringing your my favorite grilled chicken skewers and in the coming weeks the Kosher Paleoholic and The Kosher Cave Girl will be sharing their favorite grilling recipes.
If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you might know that this is the 19th KOL Foods Recipe that I have shared with you and it all started with that Lamb Wellington. The health benefits of cooking with KOL are unquestionable as all their products are organic, humanely raised and unlike other organic kosher meat supplies, they do not finish their meat on a corn diet. 100% Grass Fed!
I am proud to partner with KOL Foods to create recipes using their high quality meat, chicken and fish and support the vision of an honest and sustainable food chain.
Serve your chicken skewers with a side of roasted butternut or even majadrah for a real Middle Eastern experience! If you’re looking for something else to spice up your BBQ, have you seen my Hasselback Cranberry Salami?
Ultimate Grilled Chicken Skewers
- 1lb chicken thighs, skinless and boneless, cut in cubes
- 1lb chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, cut in cubes
- Juice of one orange
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Scallions, for garnish
- Lime halves, for garnish
- You’ll also need 24 wooden or bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 3 to 4 hours
Preparation and cooking:
- Skewer the diced chicken and lay them flat in a shallow baking dish.
- Whisk the orange and lime juice with the chile powder and garlic then marinate the chicken skewers in the fridge for 1-4 hours. Overnight is fine too.
- Prepare your grill (or indoor griddle pan) to high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the liquid. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the meat on your grill and cook until each side becomes golden brown and slightly charred. This will take about four minutes per side.
- Turn, cover the grill and cook for another few minutes until tender.
- If you are not sure if they are cooked, use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature has hit 165 degrees.
- Remove your chicken from the heat, allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with scallions, red pepper and lime wedges.